UFO Environmental Policy
- About Us
- Environmental Policy
Our Environmental Policy Statement
Universal Fiber Optic Lighting LLC recognises there is an effect on the environment from the manufacturing and business operations it conducts. As a consequence of this, the Company aim is to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible.
The Company will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations.
In realising objectives the Company will remain in contact with local and national environmental agencies for guidance on maintaining legal compliance.
The Company will actively involve all employees and sub-contractors in maintaining environmentally sound practices and will encourage and consider any contributions they may have in the improvement of environmental performance relating to the Company.
Key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating and adapting operations to ensure they are as efficient as possible. Where waste is unavoidable we will reuse or recycle it wherever possible.
- Help reduce global CO2 emissions by utilising space saving packaging techniques for all products we send out.
- Consider the environmental concerns of our activities as part of key Company decision making processes.
- Control the energy usage within our premises by promoting energy efficiency techniques to employees including policies to ensure that lights, heating and electrical equipment are turned off when not in use.
- Ongoing investment in the development of products which minimise environmental impact in production, distribution and use. This is combined with the phasing out of older technologies where appropriate.
- Reduce environmental impact through the use of a modern, fuel efficient vehicle fleet and promoting video-conferencing usage over travel to meetings wherever possible. We also encourage employee car sharing wherever practicable.
- Where required by legislation or in areas where significant health, safety or environmental hazards are identified we develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spillage response programs.
- Promote our strategy and the environmental benefits of our products publically via our website to clients, suppliers and partners and encourage them to support it.
This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated at least annually and at other times as we adapt and improve our environmental strategy.